This past week my stomach has been kind of funky at night. I’ve been getting this internal burning, and since I’ve been trying to avoid TUMS, I end up with working it out with my long lost trusty bunny “animal hottie” (stuffed animal with microwavable inner pillow).
get on my belly!
This has led to 3:30am WebMD searches, which you know are always a good idea. From this, I determined I probably had a dyspepsia or a peptic ulcer. As reliable as WebMD is, I just went back to sleep. I think it’s about time I hit RESET on my body.
After trying out some Suja juices last week and actually liking them, I decided to create a one day faux-juice cleanse to set my body back right. This will consist of juices I have hand selected and will actually drink. I’ve attempted two juice cleanses in the past: Ritual Cleanse and Pressed Juicery. Last year I tried Ritual Cleanse. I would say it went more successfully than Pressed, even though I detested the green drink. I was wary to workout during this due to lack of energy, but by the third day I had turned into super woman and even built my current bed.
This past January, I decided to try Pressed Juicery with the thought that their green juices might be better. No such luck. Don’t get me wrong, I like green juices and smoothies. However, I don’t like drinking green juices that taste like liquid salad. I’m not down with drinking down a concoction that tastes like romaine with a squeeze lemon first thing in the morning. I couldn’t even stomach the green juice, so I just skipped them, drinking merely 2-3 bottles instead of the set 6. I was essentially starving myself. I realized that I if this was how juice cleanses were going to go down, I didn’t need to pay a butt load to do it. I didn’t even make it through day one without turning to eat a salad. By day 2, I realized it was pointless, and that I would rather be able to run the next day than starve/fast. I vowed never to do a juice cleanse again.
Yet here we are. The one day Pseudo-Cleanse.
The Pseudo-Cleanse will consist of 6 juices:
2. Whole Foods Tropical Green Smoothie – KALE, PINEAPPLE, MANGO, BANANA, COCONUT WATER. Just like my Tropi-Kale Smoothie.
3. Suja Fuel- CARROT, APPLE, PINEAPPLE, ORANGE, LEMON, TUMERIC. A super refreshing orange juice drink.
5. Suja Spark – LEMON, TART CHERRY, STRAWBERRY, HONEY, STEVIA, CAYENNE, FILTERED WATER. Like a perfectly ripe strawberry, with a little bit of a bite from the cayenne. Really enjoyable.
5. Suja Green Supreme- KALE, GREEN APPLE, LEMON. I haven’t tried this one yet, but I read someone that likened it to those caramel apple suckers I remember as a kid.
6. Suja Vanilla Cloud- ALMOND MILK, COCONUT MILK, VANILLA BEAN, HONEY, FILTERED WATER. When I first bought this I was told by two people it was the “best thing ever” and “so good, it’s addictive!” It really is good. I prefer it much more to the usual juice cleanse cashew milk.
Have you ever done a juice cleanse?
Do you trust WebMD?